About This Class
- Duration: each class is 3hrs long
What You Will Learn
- Basic techniques used in ceramics, including drawing , brushwork ,banding,waxing,
- Scrafitto , reverse scrafitto, ceramic mosaicing with wash away techniques
- design work and setting out of your pieces
What You Get
- Free $10 firing voucher
- Tuition under a well trained subject matter specialist
- Small class size to ensure individual attention
This art course is an introduction on ceramics. Discover the basics of slipware or greenware – earthenware poured into molds and then dried. We don’t make our pieces we design. I will teach you techniques used to paint your ceramics.
All our pieces are dishwasher safe, microwavable and you can eat out of them every day. All functional ceramics.
This 10-week class takes you through the basic techniques used in ceramics, with drawing, brushwork, banding, waxing, wax layering, washaways, reverse scraffitto, ceramic mosaics, design work for Morrocan and Italian designs, and so on.
These are just a few of the techniques we will do in the beginners course. I will also throw in a $10 firing voucher for free.
You will need to buy in your first class your brushes, paints ,glaze and greenware as you go .You chose what you like from our shelves.
Each firing of your piece is half the cost of your greenware for each firing. All pieces need to be fired twice: 1080 degrees and 1020 degrees.
The cost of this course is for 10 weeks at 3 hrs per class a week .